The general terms and conditions of the website www.pepswine.com have been drawn up in accordance with the Consumer Protection Act (ZVPot-UPB2 – official consolidated text), based on the recommendations of the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Slovenia (GZS) and international business codes.
The buyer acknowledges that heis acquainted with the entire text on the general terms and conditions on the website www.pepswine.com and agrees with them.
1. ABOUT THE PROVIDER
The online marketing on the website www.pepswine.com is carried out by the company Pep’s Wine, d. o. o., Svetinje 11, 2259, Ivanjkovci. The company is registered in the court register of the Ptuj District Court. No. 2017/8377.
The company is liable for payment of VAT (VATIN: SI34866183).
2. ACCESSIBILITY OF INFORMATION
The provider undertakes to always provide the buyer with the following information:
– the company’s identity (name and seat of the company, registry number),
– contact information that enable the user quick and effective communication (email address, telephone number),
– the essential characteristics of the products,
– availability of the products (all products listed in the offer on the website should be accessible within a reasonable period of time),
– shipping terms (manner, place, and time of delivery),
– all prices must be clearly and unequivocally determined and it must be evident whether they already include taxes and shipping costs,
– the method of payment and delivery,
– the time period within which it is still possible to withdraw from a contract and the conditions for withdrawal; additionally, whether and how much the buyer is charged for returning the product.
The buyer is responsible for the information provided in the process of ordering. The provider is not responsible for the possible mistakes concerning the shipment due to an incorrect address.
After placing the order, the buyer receives the summary of order including all ordered products, prices, taxes, and shipping costs via email. The contract (invoice) is included with the products and is received by the buyer together with the products.
4. SHIPMENT OF PRODUCTS
Delivery in Slovenia is performed for us by the DPD, d. o. o. All shipments are insured, and in the event of damage to the shipment, we replace it with a new one or return your money.
For orders placed by 1:00 p.m., the package will normally be delivered the following working day. The buyer also receives a text message about the time of delivery, which they can change if it does not suit them. The shipping fee is charged according to the price list of DPD, d. o. o.
If you cannot be reached at the time of delivery, the courier will visit you again or you will receive a notice about the arrival of the package.
The prices of shipping and packaging are calculated according to the weight of the package:
– up to 2kg – € 3,80
– 2–5kg – € 4.09
– 5–10kg – € 4.62
– 10–20kg – € 5.79
– 20–25kg – € 8.90
– 25–31.5kg – € 9.15
The price of shipping two or more packages to the same address is € 4.70 per package.
Prices are in EUR and do not include VAT.
The contractual partner for the delivery of packages is DPD, d. o. o., however, the provider reserves the right to choose another delivery service if this enables a more efficient fulfilment of the order.
5. THE RIGHT TO WITHDRAW FROM THE PURCHASE, RETURN OF PRODUCTS
The buyer has a right to inform the provider within 14 days of receiving the products (at the contact email address firstname.lastname@example.org) that they are withdrawing from the contract, without having to state the reason for their decision. The only cost to the buyer in respect of withdrawing from the contract is the cost of returning the products.
The products must be returned to the provider no later than in 30 days after informing the provider about the withdrawal from the contract (purchase).
The received products must be returned undamaged and in unchanged quantity, unless the products have been damaged, spoiled, lost, or its quantity has decreased, without this being the buyer’s fault. Refunds will be made as soon as possible, but no later than 30 days from receiving the notice about the withdrawal from the contract. The refunds are paid to the transaction (personal) account of the buyer provided in the notice about the return of the products.
The return of the received products to the provider within the time limit for the withdrawal will be considered as a notice about the withdrawal from the contract.
The products should be returned to the provider at the address Pep’s Wine, d. o. o., Svetinje 11, 2259 Ivanjkovci.
The prices are in Euros and include VAT. The price listed for each bottle does not include shipping costs.
The price listed at the end of the order is the final price that includes the shipping costs.
The provider reserves the right to change the prices. The price listed on the day of the order, that is on the day of completing and placing the order, is the valid price.
7. PAYMENT TERMS
The provider ensures the following payment methods:
- Pay on delivery; if the buyer wants to pay on delivery, they can do so with cash or a credit card. The buyer must be present at the takeover regardless of the value of the delivery. When payment is made on delivery, you pay the courier the actual amount you received when confirming the order. We have a contract with DPD, d. o. o., stating that the cost of the cash deposit or the credit card commission is paid by the company Pep’s Wine, d. o. o..
- Payment by credit card via the Internet; the buyer can safely pay for the ordered wine with a credit card. The provider accepts Visa, MasterCard, Activa, Maestro, Visa Insperia, and Amex.
The provider uses appropriate technological and organizational tools to protect transfers and store personal information and payments.
Credit card authorizations are executed in real time with the immediate checking of information with the bank. Credit card information is not recorded on the provider’s server.
9.PROTECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
The provider undertakes to permanently protect all personal information. They will be used exclusively for the management of accounts, offers, and other necessary documentation.
10. COMPLAINTS AND DISPUTES
The provider is obliged to establish an effective customer complaints handling system. The provider will make an effort to deal with a complaint in the shortest time possible and inform the buyer about it.
The provider will also seek to resolve any disputes by mutual consent.
The sale of alcoholic beverages to minors is prohibited. The buyer must thus be of legal age at the time of placing the order. Otherwise, the provider withdraws from the contract immediately.
Minister of Health warns: Excessive alcohol consumption is harmful to health.
Katja Jurkovič, Director
Ivanjkovci, 29 June 2017